Rhodes is a top destination for cycling enthusiasts:
- good roads and well developed road network
- mountainous / hilly, forestry shaded tours with astonishing views
- no traffic apart from the main towns
- convenient climate for cycling April – June and Sept – Nov; July & August: cycling early mornings only!
- developed cycling infrastructure (rentals, repairs, GPX tracks)
The Island is organizing cycling events since 1995. The annual International Rhodes Grand Prix and the International Tour of Rhodes are part of the UCI Europe Tour since 2017.
Bike Magazine: Rhodes Presents a Haven for All Levels of Cyclists
FionaOutdoors: Rhodes: A hidden gem for cyclists
The German Olympic Youth Team trained on Rhodes in Spring 2021.